Re: sccache(-overlay) to speed up rust builds in poudriere

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:14:00 UTC
Am 2023-09-27 13:04, schrieb Guido Falsi:

> I'm not completely sure we;re talking about the same thing. The
> scccache version you're using is an older version with non standard
> changes (as vishin pointed out, did not check it or the nature of the
> changes or differences with newer versions). Maybe that version is not
> network driven thanks to patches, you should check that before assuming
> that the sccache-overlay version requires networking.

True, I shouldn't assume it behaves as documented right now. But the
operlay has code to start and stop the server...

I agree that it may be interesting to know what the difference is on a
code-level. I do not have the spare cycles right now to find the
corresponding original code and compare it against the -overlay version
(and to try to understand a programming language I have no clue about).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF