Re: sccache(-overlay) to speed up rust builds in poudriere

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:04:45 UTC
On 27/09/23 13:00, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Am 2023-09-27 12:57, schrieb Guido Falsi:

>>> How is poudriere preventing network access outside the fetch phase?
>>
>> two (undocumented) guesses:
>>
>> - removing interfaces (including lo0)
>
> Then the sccache cache directory shouldn't contain files in my test.
>
>> - no routing
>
> Then the localhost connection still works and sccache should work (which
> would match my empirical test results).

I'm not completely sure we;re talking about the same thing. The scccache
version you're using is an older version with non standard changes (as
vishin pointed out, did not check it or the nature of the changes or
differences with newer versions). Maybe that version is not network
driven thanks to patches, you should check that before assuming that the
sccache-overlay version requires networking.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>