Re: Baikal Installation Issue

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:40:02 UTC
Am 2023-09-05 11:14, schrieb Doug Hardie:

>>> No.  That directory only has a .empty file in it.
>>
>> Then, have a look at the other mail from Ronald. I think you need
>> to create it and add some relevant config.
>
> Interesting.  I used the file from the web site and that gets around
> that error.  However, nowhere in any of the instructions did I find
> anything about that file or that it has to be created.  It is not in
> the package:
>
> master# pkg info -l baikal | grep config
> 	/usr/local/www/baikal/Core/Frameworks/BaikalAdmin/config.php
> 	/usr/local/www/baikal/Core/Frameworks/Flake/config.php
> 	/usr/local/www/baikal/config/.empty
> 	/usr/local/www/baikal/vendor/twig/twig/.editorconfig
>
> Thanks for all the assistance.  Now for some strange reason the web
> server is not including the REQUEST_URI.  I'll have to investigate that
> tomorrow.

I tried this recently. The port doesn't chown some directories which are
supposed to be owned by the webserver. So the ownership of those
dirs/files is root instead of the typical www user. After "chown -R
www:www /usr/local/www/baikal/Specific /usr/local/www/baikal/config" the
web based config generation worked for me.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF