PinePhone Pro Boots On CURRENT

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 03:24:02 UTC
i've had this pinephone pro for a few months now and finally got around
to attempting to boot FreeBSD on it.  Here's the phone:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_Pro

I needed to get this serial console adapter which works flawlessly with "cu"
(USB TTL Serial Adapter Converter Cable 3.3v/3v3 3.5mm Stereo Jack Cable):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XSPECIA?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

then i just downloaded the latest CURRENT snapshot and put it on a
microsd card and it booted into multi-user mode.  here's the dmesg:
https://www.nomadlogic.org/ppro-dmesg.txt

i am working on building a new image now to include the pinephone pro
DTB file from Linux to see if that improves some of the hardware
detection.  certainly a long way to go before this could be a useful
mobile device, but i'm very encouraged that i can actually boot the thing.

i suspect we'll need to use iwlwifi to get the AzureWave AW-CM256SM wifi
and bluetooth card working...

But, once i get the linux DTB for this guy into a disk image i'm going
to see if i can get the display up next, but would love to hear any
input or pointers from folks with more ARM porting experience than me.

thanks!
-pete

--
Pete Wright