[GSoc22 Weekly Status Report#4] Preparation of the build environment and the attempt to build the kernel: Koichi Imai

From: 今井航一 <kotty.0704_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:17:57 UTC
Hello,

I have made little progress this week.
I first started by generating the sysent related file such as syscall.h,
syscalls.c, sysent.c, and systrace_args.c by sycalls.master. I added
/powerpc/linux to $SRCTOP/Makefile.inc1 and ran $make sysent.

After then, I tried building the kernel by specifying the modules
at MODULES_OVERRIDE in /etc/make.conf but it doesn't seem to work. I found
that I needed to fix the Makefile and other files because they were not
appropriate. I also thought that my local machine was not powerful enough,
so I built the environment on the server at my laboratory.

Koichi Imai