Weekly Status Report #4: Loader quality of life

From: Connor Bailey <connorbailey777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 02:09:28 UTC
Hello,

I spent this week gluing together the work I did in the previous weeks.
This boiled down to implementing a mostly-comprehensive input escape
parser, and then a generic input:action binding layer with frontends for
the simp/Lua interpreters.
I expect I'll run into problems with the input escape parser further
down the road, since terminal input escapes aren't super well
standardized, and serial consoles could be attached to a "terminal"
which hits any and all edge cases.
Of course, the parser works for the input passed through by the
UEFI/BIOS layers I implemented last week (and the partial u-boot
support), so only serial consoles could potentially confuse things.

Besides that, the rest of the code is solid so far, and I'm especially
happy with the Lua API I built out for key bindings. Although I'm a bit
biased, since I am a very big fan of Lua.

Connor