Re: GTX 1650 could not work on nvidia-driver-470.63.01_1

From: Pete Wright via freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 03:39:53 UTC

On 9/8/21 7:23 PM, KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I've upgrade machine with NVIDIA GPU GeForce 1650 on Supermicro
> X11SPM-F [1]. And I instaled nvidia-driver-470.63.01_1 with
> FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT (n248730-cc1345056b11), but could not
> work :

> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>      Identifier     "Card0"
>      Driver         "nvidia"
>      BusID          "PCI:101:0:0"
> EndSection

you might want to verify that your nvidia card is listed at that pci bus
ID.  alternatively, you can also try to start Xorg with no configuration
in place.  Recent Xorg versions do a very good job at auto-detecting
devices correctly, so that may help.  and finally, verify you have
followed the instructions that the nvidia-driver pkg outputs regarding

if none of those options help, it may be useful to see you dmesg output
to see how the kernel is loading the driver.

-pete

(1)https://www.freshports.org/x11/nvidia-driver/ specifically "Starting
with version 358.09, some important functionality of the driver has been
broken out into a separate kernel module, nvidia-modeset.ko."

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org