How to set up iwlwifi with lagg failover ?

From: John Schneider <john.a.schneider_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:25:04 UTC
Is the iwlwifi driver supported with lagg interfaces?  I have iwlwifi
working well by itself with an AX201 device on 13.1-STABLE
(stable/13-n250682-58f49b7da7d), but when I add it to a lagg interface,
wlan0 is not added as a lagg port on boot.  I suspect this is because I
have lagg compiled in my kernel and iwlwifi is loaded as a module. Also, if
I restart netif service after booting, the kernel panics.

Relevant rc.conf lines:
ifconfig_re0="ether c4:75:ab:f3:f9:6c"
wlans_iwlwifi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport re0 laggport wlan0 DHCP"

I've also tried disabling devmatch and putting iwlwifi in kld_list.  This
results in wlan0 being put in lagg as desired, but wireless doesn't work at
all - scans return nothing.  I suspect this is because firmware is not
being found/loaded when I set things up this way, but haven't confirmed yet.

Thanks for the help,
John