wifimgr with iwlwifi

From: J.R. Oldroyd <fbsd_at_opal.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:52:18 UTC
On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 09:58:12 -0700 Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 3:28 AM Takashi Inoue <inoue.takashi@nihon-u.ac.jp>
> wrote:
>
> > Do you use "wifimgr" which is a GUI tool to select AP.
> > When I use "if_iwlfiwi.ko", wave strength displayed
> > in wifimgr is 0 for all access point.
> > Do you see this phenomenon? Or, does someone see this?
> >
> > Best,
> > Takashi
> >

> I'll have to leave the wifimge to others.

Wifimgr parses the output of "ifconfig -v wlanN list scan" in order to
compute the number of bars to display for the signal strength.

With the iwm driver, I see s/n values like -49:-96 for my network.
But with the iwlwifi driver, the values for the same network are -121:-96 .

This large negative value for the signal strength is causing wifimgr
to compute the number of bars as 0.

Bjørn, is this something else to look at in the iwlwifi driver?

	-jr