Re: leap-second error in console

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 01:45:39 UTC
On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 5:38 PM void <void@f-m.fm> wrote:

> Context is stable/13-n257165-4c4633fdffbe amd64 built
> Mon Jan 15 00:20:52 2024 UTC
>
> In the console, the following is displayed
>
> Security policy loaded: MAC/ntpd (mac_ntpd)
> Starting ntpd.
> Jan 15 00:26:48 cloud ntpd[3412]: leapsecond file
> ('/var/db/ntpd.leap-seconds.list'): expired 19 days ago
>
> How to fix/does it need fixing? thanks in advance for any assistance

Add

ntp_leapfile_sources="
https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/leap-seconds.list"

to your /etc/rc.conf file. This is the reliable, freely available source
for the leap seconds
list. We should make that the default, but doing so has been rough sledding
for reasons
that I'm not sure I agree with, but that I at least understand.

Warner