Re: Moving /etc/rc.conf.local to /usr/local/etc/rc.conf

From: John R. Levine <johnl_at_iecc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 22:31:18 UTC
> I know you can customize the rc_conf_files variable to hold a value with
> my files of choice, but that in itself implies customizing /etc/rc.conf
> to override rc_conf_files’ default value, which defeats the purpose of
> keeping all customizations to /usr/local/etc.

I didn't write this stuff, I just use it.

The rc.conf stuff is just shell scripts so you can look at each script to
see what it does.

You will probably find there's no way around putting config stuff in
/etc/rc.conf.  Whenever I spin up a FreeBSD VPS, there's always a custom
rc.conf with the hostname, IP address, and so forth.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",