Re: ATTO ExpressSAS 12Gb SAS GT Model HBAs support

From: Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:25:55 UTC
 Hi,
I have an LSI/Broadcom 3008i.  It works wonderfully on 6 SAS drives using ZFS RAID-Z2.  It's pretty darn fast.
As for Atto.... unknown.  LSI has had good drivers for a lot of their cards for a very long time.  You might try to get one on e-bay.
However, free is free.  Check it out and see if it work.  Always nice to add a new 'known working' driver/hardware and I'm sure someone in the storage arena will port their 'driver' to fit it.
Paul

    On Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 07:52:25 AM EST, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it> wrote:

 Hello.

I've been offered such an adapter and I'm wondering if it's supported.

They claim to have a FreeBSD driver:
> https://www.atto.com/downloads/207/

However, that's for 12 an 13, not 14.
For this reason (among many others) I'd like to avoid such a binary blob.

Is anyone using this card?
Does anyone know which chip it's based on (since the manufacturer seems
to want to keep this information secret)?
Any driver in src that would support this?

I'm not interested in RAID features: I'd use it for ZFS and LTO-9.

  bye & Thanks
    av.