FreeBSD 13.2R and OpenZFS bug #15993

From: David Christensen <dpchrist_at_holgerdanske.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 23:00:49 UTC
freebsd-questions:

I have a FreeBSD with ZFS that I use as a CVS repository and Samba file
server for my SOHO network.  I built it with ZFS-on-root on February 4,
2020, using the FreeBSD installer:

     FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img

I then added various packages via pkg(8), created a ZFS pool, migrated
my data, and put the computer into service.  Over the years, I have used
freebsd-update(8) and pkg(8) exclusively to install software, to update/
update the system, and to update/ upgrade the software packages.

I last successfully updated the system and packages on December 29,
2023, prior to 12.4R EOL:

2023-12-29 20:46:54 toor@f3 ~
# freebsd-update fetch install
2023-12-29 20:48:42 toor@f3 ~
# pkg update
2023-12-29 20:49:45 toor@f3 ~
# pkg upgrade

This is the current system state:

2024-02-27 13:50:23 toor@f3 ~
# freebsd-version -kru
12.4-RELEASE-p9
12.4-RELEASE-p9
12.4-RELEASE-p9

2024-02-27 13:50:26 toor@f3 ~
# uname -a
FreeBSD f3.tracy.holgerdanske.com 12.4-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD
12.4-RELEASE-p9 GENERIC  amd64

2024-02-27 13:56:44 toor@f3 ~/f3.tracy.holgerdanske.com
# kldstat -m zfs
Id  Refs Name
   6    1 zfs

Is there a way to determine the origin (e.g. Illumos, OpenZFS) and
version of the ZFS code that is running in the kernel on the above
computer other than downloading the source tarball and crawling the code?

https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/12.4-RELEASE/

I have been reading about OpenZFS data corruption bugs since November
2023 and delaying upgrading this and my other FreeBSD computers.  I
thought I had found an solution with FreeBSD 13.2R:

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-questions/2024-February/004920.html

But, another OpenZFS data corruption bug report was opened yesterday for
the current version of OpenZFS (2.2.3):

https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/15933

Does this new OpenZFS bug #15993 affect FreeBSD 13.2R?

David