Re: portmaster and CR

From: Vlad Markov <dvoich_at_optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 16:14:33 UTC
On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 01:10:30 +0200
Morgan Wesström <freebsd-database@pp.dyndns.biz> wrote:

> On 2023-09-02 00:09, Vlad Markov wrote:
> >
> > I use portmaster to update my ports. Usually there are many ports needing updating. Recently, portmaster requires a carriage return after finishing one update before it will resume.
> >
> > I find that annoying. Is there a way to get it to just keep going? I can see stopping on an error but not stopping on success.
>
> This is what I use for that exact purpose:
>
> portmaster -aydbg

Thanks, your post made me check my arguments to portmaster. The only times it requires a carriage return is if I use "-P" or "--packages".

The debug looks like this:

+ distfiles_checked=:
+ [ ! ' KhronosGroup-Vulkan-Loader-v1.3.262_GH0.tar.gz ' '=' ' KhronosGroup-Vulkan-Loader-v1.3.263_GH0.tar.gz ' ]
+ pm_wait_di_file_complete
+ head -1

I'll look more deeply at it.
--
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson