Re: buildworld: specifying an alternate make.conf

From: Ede Wolf <listac_at_nebelschwaden.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 17:03:59 UTC
Am 03.10.23 um 18:42 schrieb Ede Wolf:
> Am 03.10.23 um 17:46 schrieb Dag-Erling Smørgrav:
>> Ede Wolf <listac@nebelschwaden.de> writes:
>>> $ make -D __MAKE_CONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/make.conf -j 4 buildworld
>>
>> This defines a variable with the unwieldy name
>> `__MAKE_CONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/make.conf` and no value.  You need
>> to drop the -D.
>>
>> DES
>
> Hello DES,
>
> Leaving away the "-D" does not really work either:
>
> $ cd /clutter/src
> $ ls -la /usr/ | grep obj
> $ make __MAKE_CONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/make.conf -j4 buildworld
>   -- other teminal:
> $ ls -l /usr/ | grep obj
> drwxrwxr-x   3 root wheel   3 Oct  3 18:35 obj
>
> So MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX (or src-env.conf) is still not being honored,
> despite being set in make.conf.

As a side note, this seems to work, at least as far as obj dir creation
goes:

make\
  __MAKE_CONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/make.conf\
  SRCCONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/src.conf\
  SRC_ENV_CONF=/data/admin/build/vbox/src-env.conf\
  -j4 buildworld

So either make.conf is still not being read, or it simply ignores the
SRCCONF and SRC_ENV_CONF settings, contrary to my understanding of the
src.conf man page - not unlikely:

---

      The default location of src.conf is /etc/src.conf, though an
alternative location can be specified in the make(1) variable SRCCONF.

---

    The environment of make(1) for the build can be controlled via the
      SRC_ENV_CONF variable,