Alpine and following URLs in messages [was Re: List managers [Was: Link usability]]

From: <davidson_at_freevolt.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 01:02:26 UTC
On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 Doug Denault wrote:
[much snipped]
> Thanks for the information. So I change my boo to boo on the list maintainers
> if the fallout is as described. As I use pine following links is somewhat
> problemactic for me anyway.
[rest snipped]

In alpine, under

  Setup menu >> Config

if you search for "URL", I expect you will find two options

   Enable Message View URL Links
   URL-Viewers

which can be set. The first is boolean (check a box), and the second
is a string-valued option for specifying the full path to a viewer
(web browser) of your choice and any arguments, if necessary.

Both options have a help page that can be accessed with the help key '?'

In the case of "URL-Viewers", the help page is extensive, and is
probably worth taking some time to read if a simple value like

   /full/path/to/prefered/browser

does not do what you like.