Re: ZFS Root size keeps going down after upgrade to 13.2-release

From: lain. <lain_at_fair.moe>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 00:28:54 UTC
(Man, I keep fucking this up...)

On 2023年08月21日 11:06, Christos Chatzaras wrote:
> There are security vulnerabilities in Intel and AMD processors.

When do Intel and AMD processors not have security vulnerabilities?

> It appears that changes are required both in the operating system code and microcode/bios updates.

This is why Intel IME and AMD PSP were a mistake from the very
beginning.

> If I remember correctly, when Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities were disclosed in early 2018, there was significant controversy surrounding the notification process. Several entities, including certain Linux distributions and the
+FreeBSD project, were not informed as early as some major tech companies.

As usual.

> I am aware that work is currently being done for upcoming FreeBSD 14 release and there may not be available human resources, but is there anyone working on this?

Seeing the lists AMD and Intel have provided, it seems like I've dodged
the bullet pretty epically, but I'm sure far from everyone can claim the
same.

--
lain.