Running vscode via ssh

From: Roger Marsh <roger.marsh_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:47:38 UTC
Hi,

I installed vscode (on a freebsd installation) and confirmed it is usable by typing 'vscode' at the command prompt of a terminal started from the

'Exec exec xterm -title roger@freedev -e ssh -Y freedev'

entry in the user .fvwmrc configuration file of an openbsd installation.

Using the .fvwmrc entry

'Exec exec ssh -Y freedev vscode'

gives a vscode window with the expected title and usable (fvwm) tools at top-left and top-right corner but a blank user area.  'ssh -X' was tried too, just in case vscode likes one but not the other, with the same outcome.

Other applications, such as evince and idle3.9, just start from their entries like the one for vscode.

Am I missing something particular to vscode or is the 'Exec exec ssh -Y freedev vscode' entry just not going to give a productive usable session?

Roger