Disabling CPUs

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 02:05:54 UTC
I am looking to disable all 8 E-cores on my Alder Lake system to prevent
repeated crashes. The man page has an example of this:
Modify the cpuset all threads are in by default to contain only the first 4
CPUs, leaving the rest idle:
           cpuset -l 0-3 -s 1
I did this, but in subsequent port build, all 12 "CPUs" were running at
100%. Am I missing something? Maybe use -p 1" instead of "-s 1".

I also found suggestions to use "hint.lapic.N.disabled", but teh lines that
were supposed to be in dmesg and the messages log were not present. I am
baffled, but really need to do something to stop the crashes currently
impacting Alder Lake systems.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com