Re: mysterious NTFS(?) partition

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf_at_riseup.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 19:48:07 UTC
On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 14:31 -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	Windows recovery partition = not useful.

If you run Windows in a VM and you increased the virtual disk space to
afterwards increase the partition that holds Windows by Windows, you
need to remove it first, because the unallocated space is behind this
recovery partition and to my knowledge you cannot move it. AFAIK the
only way to extend the Windows partition, is to delete the recovery
partition first. For a Windows guest it anyway is uselessĀ². However,
this is why I once upon a time noticed that this "mysterious" partition
exists.