Re: Two NICs in Single BOX and two separate network connection handling

From: Doug McIntyre <merlyn_at_geeks.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 04:05:11 UTC
On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 10:51:52PM +0530, KK CHN wrote:
> Can some one shed some light on this?
>
> I have a server  box  with two interface cards.  I want to use the scenario
> like this

You want to make a router/Firewall.

While you can certainly do this with the base FreeBSD system no
problem, the level of questions you are asking would tend to make me
believe you are a beginner, that may be better served by running an
appliance (appropriately based around FreeBSD) that would do more of
the heavy lifting for you to start with.

You can then look under the hood for a bit before deciding if you want
to branch out to do all the work yourself.

Systems such as opnsense.org, or pfsense.org may be better to start with.
They are much the same, so either would be good to start with.