Re: Bluetooth support on Intel AX200

From: Tomasz CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 23:53:59 UTC
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 12:32 AM Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have a system with an Intel AX200 WiFI + BlueTooth (class=0x028000 rev=0x1a hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x2723 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0080)
>
> This card also supports BlueTooth, but I suspect that it is not supported. Can someone confirm this? Am I going to need to go back to a USB dongle?

Hey Kevin, sorry I cannot confirm out of the box as I have different
machine, but I made bluetooth work with my headset (no microphone so
far) :-)

Ccan you see something about ubt0 in dmesg?

ubt0 on uhub13
ubt0: <Bluetooth Radio> on usbus3

If so you can list interfaces with: hccontrol read_node_list
You can scan neighbors with: hccontrol inquiry

I had some older Intel laptop with Bluetooth and there I had to play
with iwmbtfw utility for the card firmware before it started working..
assuming its VID/PID is recognised already. Code was created by Wulf
he should know if your card is supported :-)

If you just need quickly get things working I can recommend ASUS
USB-BT500 Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter (~20EUR) it works out of the box on my
desktop :-)