Re: dd and mbr

From: Roderick <hruodr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:34:31 UTC
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

First of all thank you very much for your detailed answer!

> Where did you get the dd approach?

It is what I expect from dd. I did such things with OpenBSD before.

> As others have said, at the very
> least you should have limited the length, otherwise you would
> overwrite the entire disk, one sector at a time.

That is what I wanted. I was deleting some old disks. I filled it
with zeroes and not random in order not to make the process
slower. Perhaps there is a faster tool than dd.

I know, the better way to delete is to destroy physically the disk,
at best to burn and melt it.

Rod.