Re: OpenSMTPd - is it time to move?

From: edgar <edgar_at_pettijohn-web.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:58:59 UTC
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A10e, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: James Colderwood <james@colderwood.com> Date: 2/15/22  7:05 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Subject: Re: OpenSMTPd - is it time to move? On 2022-02-15 11:42, Frank Leonhardt wrote:> I wouldn't suggest moving sendmail from base, but I've noticed> OpenSMTPd is gaining popularity.> > I've invested 35 years in learning how to make sendmail work, so I can> cope with it's convoluted configuration; although every time I need to> make a change I still get twitchy. I've tried Exim and Postfix at> times, but always returned to the devil I knew best.> > What are people's real world experiences with OpenSMTPd for a low> volume MTA? It's not like we need UUCP or Mail-11 interoperability any> more.> > Thanks, Frank.Hi Frank,I've been using OpenSMTPD for around a year. Before moving to this I used Postfix and have to say I prefer OpenSMTPD. Easy to configure and manage, I've had no issue whatsoever since moving.-- Kind RegardsJames B ColderwoodM0ZAHI've been using it for about 4-5 years now. Super simple. No problems thus far. Plus you can configure it as a smart relay in the time it takes to recompile Sendmail.EdgarÂ