PS4/XB1 controller support on FreeBSD 13

From: shaun.singh.ccff7 <shaun.singh.ccff7_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 18:21:58 UTC
Hi there. This is my first time using a mailing list for a general question, but I am curious to know: does FreeBSD 13 support the Xbox One controller at all? Or is it still limited to the Xbox 360 controller? Right now, I have ps4dshock enabled to get my gamepad needs for emulation, but I'm running into a problem where my analogue sticks aren't working at all.

The emulator I'm using is the latest version of Citra-Qt that's in the PKG/ports tree. My PS4 controller works in that the buttons all do what they're supposed to, but playing a game like Shin Megami Tensei IV which segregates the D-Pad and the analogue sticks has proven to be a real problem. I can't even calibrate the analogue sticks in Citra to get them to function properly, much less set the axes manually. Is there a solution to this? If there's any log files that you need from me, please let me know.

I apologise in advance for not providing much more information. I'm currently transitioning from CentOS to FreeBSD, so I'm still learning the ropes as far as how the OS functions. There's a lot of "Linuxisms" that I still need to work out of my system, so to speak.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.