Re: Unable to boot from internal hard disks on new PC

From: Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach <johannes-maria_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:22:23 UTC
On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 10:56:59AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-12-29 at 10:48 +0100, Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach wrote:
> > >   > * Secure Boot
> > >   >   Preferred Operating Mode                              Auto
> >
> > The Options for Preferred Operating Mode are Auto, Easy Mode
> > and Advanced Mode (with a note saying that Auto means: Bios
> > remembers which mode you exited last time; no info to the
> > other Modes).
>
> A shot in the dark:
>
> "Easy Mode"      does use default settings
> "Advanced Mode"  provides a sub menu with
>                  options and descriptions of these options

I didn't know what this Preferred Operating Mode means, there
was only the short info about Auto.
Now I've tried all three options. Result:

In Bios there are two modes, only a short one-page summary (Easy
Mode) and the display of the six menus (Favorites Tweaker, Settings,
System Info, Boot, Save&Exit) in the Advanced Mode.
Preferred Operating Mode just choose one of them (which can also be
toggled with F2).

Regards,
Johannes-Maria