Re: Mail Traffic

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 14:45:04 UTC
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 08:04:54AM +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have VPS as webhost which blocked port 25 by ISP. Is there a chance
>to route the traffic over the vpn Network?
>
>My Mailserver had the internal IP 192.168.0.109. I had try it with hosts
>file but it will not work.
>
>Is there a chance to make it with pf?

I don't think you can vpn it unless you're in charge of the real
external vpn ip, and it's a static ip.

If it's to receive periodic(8) email from the vm then set up a mail server
as usual and configure it to relay local email on port 587 to a smarthost,
or use something like dma(8) to accomplish the same thing. Then read the
email on whatever address you've aliased for root's email.

Alternatively, configure local delivery and read email on the vm
with something like mutt.

--
J.