IETF proposal to unicast 127.1/16 - should we be concerned?

From: Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne_at_heuristicsystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 05:48:35 UTC
As this is an individual proposal within the IETF framework, the concern
should be tempered, however the draft proposal for 127.1/16 to be
routable is being discussed.

Refer:  https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-schoen-intarea-unicast-127-00.html

For me this is inappropriate and likely to be blocked by very many
firewall configurations.  I also use 127/8 for my various jails which
need to be factored in.

There is also a (2 hr) youtube presentation dated 10-Nov-2021 which
includes discussion of this proposal, as well as proposals to  release
240/4 &  0/8 except 0.0.0.0 for unicast.  Relevant to this  discussion:
from 8min-22min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqPVdBvgiXI&t=449s
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqPVdBvgiXI&t=1039s

If you wish to express your view then I'd suggest referencing:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/intarea/email/
but for the moment I'm curious as to the considered opinion of others.

Regards, Dewayne