PORTEPOCH reset when PKGNAMESUFFIX changes?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 06:50:43 UTC
Hi,

Does poudriere/pkg take the PKGNAMESUFFIX into account for a given
origin?

The context of the question is:
I have a patch for a php-using port which flavourizes it. It will go
from no PKGNAMESUFFIX to the usual php version as PKGNAMESUFFIX. So the
package name will change from abc-1.2.3_x,y to abc-phpXX-1.2.3_x,y. The
question from the port maintainer is now, if it is possible to reset the
PORTEPOCH and the PORTREVISION to 0 (remove the corresponding lines).

Before subpackages, it was not necessary for pkg/poudriere to look at
package name, the origin and the version (including epoch and revision)
would have been enough. For flavours I still think it is necessary to
only look at the origin, and not the package name. Now with subpackages
I'm not sure what the correct answer is.

Can someone share some hard facts about this?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF