Re: Multiple new R ports

From: Einar_Bjarni_Halldórsson <einar_at_isnic.is>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 09:32:00 UTC
> On 24 Feb 2024, at 06:24, Einar Bjarni Halldórsson <einar@isnic.is> wrote:
>
>> On 22 Feb 2024, at 11:43, Nuno Teixeira <eduardo@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> I did take a look at review and noticed that TEST_DEPENDS are not used
>> and that could means that test target works without any depends or
>> ports are not tested at all.
>> My curiosity is what do you think about the importance (or not) to
>> have testunit feature working on R ports?

I’ve got tests working on all the ports, except for R-cran-systemfonts.
I have a PR [1] for upstream to fix that.

Tests do give out notice that suggested packages aren’t installed to be tested,
what’s your opinion on that? I don’t want to add too much to the packages and
I definately don’t want to add options at this moment.

Would it be fine to add the ports as is, without suggested packages?

.einar

[1] https://github.com/r-lib/systemfonts/pull/111