Re: Rust build huge memory consumption

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 08:17:03 UTC
On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 09:03:48 +0200
Xavier Humbert <xavier@groumpf.org> wrote:

> Le 10/25/23 09:01, Cy Schubert a écrit :
> > In message<5816a79c-9bd0-4c41-9520-eed853aa15a4@groumpf.org>, Xavier
> > Humbert w
> > rites:

> >> I have 16 GB RAM, and 4 cores
> > That should be plenty. I build it on a 4 core 8 GB machine.
> >
> > How much swap does it have?
> >
> > Could this machine by chance be running a browser or other large apps at
> > the same time?
>
> It has 24GB swap, And I stop bhyve before building

When the machine runs out of virtual memory -- that is RAM + swap --
while the kernel is trying to satisfy an app's memory allocation, it
picks the largest process (Linux uses a "badness" score which IMO is
inferior) and kills it.

Try setting the sysctl vm.pfault_oom_attempts=-1.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>

			e^(i*pi)+1=0