Re: HEADS-UP: security/openssl switching to 3.0 branch

From: Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 00:06:33 UTC
Hello.

Xavier Humbert wrote on 2023/10/17 15:41:
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+= ssl=openssl111

We who want to keep 1.1.1 should just do that thing we always do, right?
The pkg version results would show the following.

openssl-1.1.1w,1                   <   needs updating (index has 3.0.11,1)

security/openssl111 has PKGNAMESUFFIX, so rename it.

pkg set -n openssl:openssl111

Origin is also moving.

pkg set -o security/openssl:security/openssl111

Will these changes also update the local.sqlite deps table? :)

If openssl is allowed to be built again, portmaster is used as follows

portmaster -o security/openssl111 openssl-1.1.1w,1

After this, restart all processes using openssl to give up the handle to the unlinked library.

Such a procedure would require the least amount of effort, would it not?

Regards.