Re: git: d8560936e35c - main - security/pam_rssh: New port

From: Matthew Seaman <matthew_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 09:33:14 UTC
On 20/03/2023 03:50, Romain Tartière wrote:
> The branch main has been updated by romain:
>
> URL:https://cgit.FreeBSD.org/ports/commit/?id=d8560936e35c4a0fa797431cbe6e234639df690b
>
> commit d8560936e35c4a0fa797431cbe6e234639df690b
> Author:     Romain Tartière<romain@FreeBSD.org>
> AuthorDate: 2023-03-20 03:33:19 +0000
> Commit:     Romain Tartière<romain@FreeBSD.org>
> CommitDate: 2023-03-20 03:49:50 +0000
>
>      security/pam_rssh: New port
>
>      This PAM module provides ssh-agent based authentication. The primary
>      design goal is to avoid typing password when you sudo on remote servers.
>      Instead, you can simply touch your hardware security key (e.g.
>      Yubikey/Canokey) to fulfill user verification. The process is done by
>      forwarding the remote authentication request to client-side ssh-agent as
>      a signature request.

Hmmm... I wonder if it mightn't be an idea to have a "see also" comment
in a port where there are other ports available that provide very
similar functionality?

As far as I can tell, this does _exactly_ the same thing as
security/pam_ssh_agent_auth -- the principal difference being, pam_rssh
is written in rust, and pam_ssh_agent_auth is written in C.

	Cheers,

	Matthew