Re: git: d8a3e1d47a90 - main - www/firefox: update to 117.0 (rc1)

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:49:26 UTC
On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 15:18:36 +0200
Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net> wrote:

> ## Tomoaki AOKI (junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp):
>
> > There are some workarounds in about:config, but unfortunately I'm not
> > sure what actually they were, and some of them are already switched to
> > default or not.
>
> Given that there are no other reports of this, I still suspect a
> local issue - whatever there might be in your profile, your desktop
> environment, or even your builds (e.g. firefox does not always play
> nice with partial upgrades, e.g. I've had my fair share of fun with
> the graphics/Xorg stuff when there were mismatches between build
> environment, installed and actually running versions)
> Have you at least tried a clean (that is, new) profile?
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
> --
> Spare Space

Thanks! I've not tried clean profile yet this time.

As I noticed rc2 is committed, I'll test with it (needs a fair amount
of time, as I'm on the way to switch from stable/13 to stable/14).
rc2 would be built while rebuilding all pkgs.

And notably, the backed up libraries under /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg,
which were built for stable/13 can be deleted or moved to elseware
after updating. This means cleaner environmet.

(Currently, I've not `make delete-old-libs` to keep email, browsing,
and other jobs available while rebuilding pkgs with poudriere. Base is
already updated and `make delete-old`, etcupdate and creating new
poudriere jail for stable/14 are completed.)

Rebuilding all ports with poudriere usually forces me 24 hour or more.
Still on early stage.
And then upgrading using them is needed.

Regards.

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>