Re: plist-check not reporting orphaned files present in a @comment

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 10:52:15 UTC
* Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org> [20230819 10:51]:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 08:37:22PM +0200, Felix Palmen wrote:
> > IMHO, the straight-forward solution would be: A port hit by that should
> > add some "post-install-<opt>" (or -off) recipe explicitly removing the
> > unwanted files from ${STAGEDIR}.
>
> Well, it is a solution, but it is slower.
[...]
> It may not seems much for one port, but when you have 30k+ ports doing
> that for many files, it adds up.

Sure, makes sense to me. But then, there should really be a way to
distinguish the semantics in pkg-plist, like already suggested in this
old commit for example some @ignore for files that *are* present but
shouldn't be packaged, and still @comment for files that will be missing
from STAGEDIR because of e.g. build options...

Anyways, for my current use case, I found a reliable workaround, so it's
not a pressing issue.

Cheers, Felix

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de