Re: Question to EXTRACT_ONLY

From: Matthias Fechner <idefix_at_fechner.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:14:15 UTC
Dear all,

I found some good explanation in `man make`, but some questions are
open, maybe someone can give a little bit more insight.

On 28.11.22 19:12, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> EXTRACT_ONLY= ${ALLFILES:Nprebuilt*:}
it takes the variable ${ALLFILES}, the :N operator removes everything
that matches, so in this case every string that begins with prebuilt is
removed.
But what does the last `:` at the end of this string?

> EXTRACT_ONLY+= ${DISTFILES:N*.mod\:*:N*.mod:C/:.*//}

So if I understood this correctly at takes the variable ${DISTFILES} and
removes everything that matches `*.mod:*`.
Then as next it removes everything that matches `*.mod`.
As last step a regular expression is executed that removes `:*` (the *
is here any character), so the string `ksdjhe:sdhg34` is changed to
`ksdjhe`.

Thanks
Matthias