Fwd:_The_installation_of_“Stable_Diffusion_web_UI ”_natively_on_FreeBSD_fails_because_can’t_install_torch_ and_torchvision

From: Mario Marietto <marietto2008_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 15:18:06 UTC
Hello to everyone.

I’m trying to clone and install the “*Stable Diffusion web UI*” on
FreeBSD,following this mini tutorial :

GitHub - AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui: Stable Diffusion web UI
<https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui>

This is what I came up with :

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files]$ git clone
https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files]$ cd stable-diffusion-webui

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files/stable-diffusion-webui]$ sudo pkg
install py39-pytorchvideo

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files/stable-diffusion-webui]$ mkdir venv

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files/stable-diffusion-webui]$ python3 -m venv venv

[marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files/stable-diffusion-webui]$ . venv/bin/activate

(venv) [marietto@marietto ~/Desktop/Files/stable-diffusion-webui]$
python3 -m pip install torch torchvision==0.13.1+cu113
--extra-index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu113
Looking in indexes:
https://pypi.org/simple,https:/download.pytorch.org/whl/cu113
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement torch
(from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for torch

The script works up to a point and then devolves into stuff that I don’t
think has much to do with FreeBSD. The venv gets created and the failure
doesn’t happen until the very end of the script (where the app would take
over).

Also just activating the virtual environment and manually running
[launch.py] seems to result in the same error, which really looks to be an
issue with the world of python…

https://pastebin.com/raw/jTNQ62dM

Apparently it’s trying to install pytorch but can’t. I don’t know what to
do next.
--
Mario.