Re: How to set ALSA option for multimedia/mpv on 14current.

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 09:17:39 UTC
On Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:59:27 +0900 (JST)
Masachika ISHIZUKA <ish@amail.plala.or.jp> wrote:

> >>   I want to enable ALSA for multimedia/mpv.
> >>   As mpv is paused every movies with oss driver, I want to enable
> >> ALSA option to privent this.
> >
>   [snip]
> >
> > That procedure will fail if dialog4ports is not installed (12.3-STABLE).
> > It is best to su before make to be sure.
>
>   Thank you very much.
>
>   I reinstall dialog4ports (pkg install -f dialog4ports) and
> 'make config' works fine as follows.
>
> % pkg info dialog4ports | grep FreeBSD_version
>         FreeBSD_version: 1400033  <--- too old.
> % make config (failed)
>
> % pkg install -f dialog4ports | grep FreeBSD_version
>         FreeBSD_version: 1400044
> % make config (works fine.)
> --
> Masachika ISHIZUKA

Just a FYI.
This would be no longer required once...

 *ports-mgmt/portconfig is merged into base and
 *Ports framework is modified to support it.

(Any chance?)

Currently, devel/bsddialog, required by portconfig, is already merged.
But ports-mgmt/portconfig requires some changes manually.

 *Edit /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.commands.mk or
 *Add
    DIALOG4PORTS= ${LOCALBASE}/bin/portconfig
  on /etc/make.conf

at minimum.

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>