Re: The Case for Rust (in the base system)

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 20:13:01 UTC
--------
Warner Losh writes:

> Even if all the cool kids are doing it, it doesn't mean the cool kids are
> wrong. We should not reject the hypothesis on that basis alone.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that, my point about cvsup was precisely
that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The only comment I want to add, is that the test-cases should be
expressed such that, if/when we find out Rust wasn't God's gift to
programmers, we can reimplement the tool which interprets them in
some hot-language-du-jour, without having to rewrite all the actual
test-cases.