[FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p3] Regression with realtek-re-kmod

From: BERTRAND_Joël <joel.bertrand_at_systella.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 15:53:53 UTC
	Hello,

	I use a /diskless/ workstation that ran FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p0 for a
while without trouble. Motherboard contains two ethernet adapters : re0
and em0. I'm unable to boot with em0 (why ? em0 can obtain an IP address
but PXE doesn't load binaries on tftp server...). Thus, system is
configured to use re0.

	This morning, I have upgraded my packages as I have to upgrade firefox.
Thus, I have launched :
- pkg upgrade
- freebsd-update fetch
- freebsd-update install

	My boot/loader.conf contains:

pythagore:[/boot] > cat loader.conf
coretemp_load="YES"
hw.re.max_rx_mbuf_sz="2048"
#if_re_load="YES"
#if_re_name="/boot/modules/if_re.ko"
cpuctl_load="YES"
cuse_load="YES"
tmpfs_load="YES"
pythagore:[/boot] >

	If I use kernel re driver, system randomly hangs (re0 stops after some
days) but it boots. Now, if I uncomment if_re_load and if_re_name,
kernel loads if_re module, starts its initialization and hangs just
after "starting syslog". System cannot be pinged from another station
(host is down).

	Does someone use realtek-re-kmod with a recent kernel in this
configuration ?

	Best regards,

	JB