Re: TPM2 on AMD Rizen (fTPM)

From: Andrea Cocito <andrea_at_cocito.eu>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:43:03 UTC
Hello again,

First thing: apologies for my email client messing up with charset encoding, hope is fixed now.

Second, I add some detail/information.

The machine is a bare metal on Hetzner, I do not have many details, it’s an AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core/24-Threads toy with some motherboard using American Megatrends firmware; unfortunately I have very limited access to the console (one hour upon request…).

As said the “fTPM” has been enabled in the firmare, and I also tried all the possible combinations of the settings in the firmware which could seem anyhow pertinent (SCM etc).

The kernel is a custom-built one, simply stripped down to include statically all used devices/modules and drop the rest, compiled with -march=native as all the userland; no problem in rebooting with the GENERIC kernel, but I cannot imagine how it could help.

Should any additional information be useful to give me some advice just ask, the machine is there to experiment.

Thanks for any advice,

A.