Re: Brightness 100% when connect or disconnect charger

From: Jason Bacon <bacon4000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 13:46:19 UTC
On 11/9/23 02:19, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:57:21 +0200
> "Dr. Amr Osman" <dr3mro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have installed freeBSD 14rc4 on Lenovo Thinkpad x270 and xfce desktop and
>> when I
>> 1) connect the charger
>> 2) disconnect the charger
>> 3) resume from suspend
>> The LCD brightness is 100% which is really disturbing specially when I am
>> in dark room
>
>   I don't have the issue on my Thinkpad X390 with suspend/resume but I
> do have it with the charger.
>   I'm pretty sure that it's a hardware thing and we can't do anything
> about it without having some framework for sensors that can handle
> power supply connection/disconnection and events.
>
>> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.economy: 20
>> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.fullpower: 30
>> I have loaded acpi_video and acpi_ibm
>> and if I tried to adjust brightness it goes suddenly from 100 to 20 if I
>> press fn +f5/f6
>
>   You shouldn't need to load acpi_video on modern laptop, backlight(9)
> and backlight(8) is enought (if you have drm loaded).
>
>> What can I do to fix this issue?

Please post if you find a solution.  If FreeBSD is working as expected
and it merely involves some additional tuning, I will consider updating
sysutils/desktop-installer and/or sysutils/auto-admin so that such
systems work out-of-the-box in the future.

--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.