Re: Periodic rant about SCHED_ULE

From: Matthias Andree <mandree_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 22:16:02 UTC
Am 30.03.23 um 20:50 schrieb Mateusz Guzik:

> Anyhow after sending the above e-mail an actual solution hit me: the X
> server can tell the kernel what processes connect to it over the unix
> socket, which again very well may be good enough.
>
> In the reports I got I found pulseaudio, this one may need to be
> patched in a similar manner.

Pulseaudio shouldn't need such stuff since it would either try to go
into a real-time scheduling group (which I don't think SCHED_ULE would
have), or do a (privileged) renice -11 to have considerable priority
over non-privileged stuff. At least on Linux, that is.

--
Matthias Andree
FreeBSD ports committer