Re: Periodic rant about SCHED_ULE

From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd_at_m5p.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:41:43 UTC
On 3/22/23 06:17, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 21.03.23 um 23:52 schrieb George Mitchell:
>> Yes, you've all heard it before [... blah blah blah ...]
>
> Can you please also give figures how much CPU time has been allotted to
> dnetc in that respective situations?

I let the scheduler do the time allocation.  The result is that dnetc
gobbles whatever time remains available when higher priority processes
(i.e. every other process on the system) have nothing to do.  With
SCHED_4BSD the resulting idle time is 0 (as reported by top).  I did
not take note of the idle time when I was doing the SCHED_ULE run.
-- George