Re: llvm/clang upstream

From: Paul Floyd <paulf2718_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:27:09 UTC
On 11/30/21 14:03, Michał Górny wrote:

> Please note that the "official" way of building stuff has changed a few
> times, so you might be using an outdated approach.  I think the current
> way of building runtimes is via LLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES.

I'll take a look at the 'official' llvm web pages tonight

Up to now I've been using

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ../llvm -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/tools/clang
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;libcxx;libcxxabi;libunwind;compiler-rt;lldb;openmp;pstl"

(just added libunwind)

which gives

/home/paulf/scratch/clang/llvm-project/compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common/sanitize
r_unwind_linux_libcdep.cpp:26:10: fatal error: 'unwind.h' file not found
#include <unwind.h>
1 error generated.

A+

Paul