Re: What to use in place of abstract unix sockets?

From: James Gritton <jamie_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 17:57:28 UTC
On 2021-12-11 08:55, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> That said, implementing 'abstract' unix socket addresses would be nice.

Though if that were to happen, I would want to separate the namespaces
of the abstract sockets.  This seems an analog to the POSIX shm
pseudo-file namespace, which has similar names that aren't really
files (though they still follow a file-like naming scheme).

And then we'd be back where we are now, with a way to add a socket to
a jail's namespace, but requiring per-jail sockets (because there is
no abstract namespace hard-link).

- Jamie