Re: geli boot- never attempts to decrypt, fails at mountroot

From: jmblqe <jmblqe_at_pm.me>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 04:48:09 UTC
in a stunning display, stepped away from the computer for a few minutes and thought i should check for the BOOT flag, whether i had somehow missed setting the flag during initialisation... sure enough the BOOT flag was missing (as checked with geli dump vtbd0p4, flags were 0x0). after manually attaching it i ran
geli configure -bd vtbd0p4
it now prompts for password on boot as expected
sorry for the noise, should have been obvious but this will serve for anyone who searches this same issue, i guess.