Re: Can't see USB disk device

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 07:58:01 UTC
On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 5:56 AM joe mcguckin <joe@via.net> wrote:

> FreeeBSD 12.3-Release
>
> I’m trying to mount a 3.5” SATA drive mounted in an external enclosure
> with a USB interface,  formatted with NTFS. When I plug in the USB disk, I
> do not see the device. All I see from the log is:
>
>     ugen7.2: <CalDigit AVPro2 Hub> at usbus7
>
> I assume the CALDIGIT enclosure has a hub chip to accomodate all the
> different interfaces (USBA, USBC, mini USB).
>
> Although FreeBSD won’t mount the disk automatically (I’ll be using the
> NTFS fuse fs for that), I’d expect to see a log message where FreeBSD sees
> the SATA/USB drive.

> Shouldn't a hub be transparent and the mass storage USB device be
> enumerated?
>
> I should mention that this works flawlessly on the Mac…

In Fedora Linux KDE , attaching and using a USB  NTFS  hard disk is only
selecting it from the Dolphin file manager when it is attached and
doing whatever you want with it .

Only so much , no more anything ( except by selecting
( such disks to be mounted automatically when they are attached )
from "Settings" related menus only one time  ) .
I am not using anything other than KDE .

With my best wishes ,

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk