Re: [zfs] recordsize: unexpected increase of disk usage when increasing it

From: Florent Rivoire <florent_at_rivoire.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 14:23:32 UTC
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 3:13 PM Rich <rincebrain@gmail.com> wrote:
> Compression would have made your life better here, and possibly also made it clearer what's going on.

I didn't think at all about compression (which I know exists and
usually has very positive impact) during my tests...
and it's indeed disabled in my tests (I'm only seeing it now):

# zfs get compression bench
NAME   PROPERTY     VALUE           SOURCE
bench  compression  off             default

I'm going to re-do my tests with lz4 everywhere, and I'll post results here.
Thanks Rich !