Re: meta mode

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:29:48 UTC
Hi,

On Sat, 27 Jan 2024, at 13:51, Lexi Winter wrote:

> the (easiest) fix for that is to do a full rebuild every time
> __FreeBSD_version changes.
>
> pkg(8) bug report: https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/2162
>
> i don't know if meta mode will catch this and rebuild correctly, but
> since this confused me the first time i ran into it, i thought it was
> worth mentioning.

Thank you.

I've not encountered the issue you describe yet - not by design though,
more like by accident ;)

I normally use a local poudriere for local ports. Rather than having
a make.conf src.conf etc specifically for the poudriere jail, instead they are
symlinked to /etc/src.conf and /etc/make.conf (and /etc/src-env.conf)
and the jail is built after a make installworld for the system using
-m src=/usr/src (and because it uses the obj files created previously,
it'll build and install in about a minute).

Because the jail gets rebuilt when poudriere runs again, it clears out
all packages and rebuilds them automatically against the new freebsd
version.

What I was worried about is if in /etc/src.conf I build from
a default system, (for example) add WITHOUT_IPV6= and WITH_SORT_THREADS=
whether the OS is smart enough to tidy the cruft left behind
after these adjustments.